- This is really nescessary when you develop an application which require specific technology of CPU(like SIMD, Multithreading, ...). We can get CPUs informations very easy in Windows by using __cpuid instruction. It is really long and require a little time, so if you feel...lazy [IMG]images/smilies/biggrin.png[/IMG], just use my class below. Every technologies and functions are used for naming the functions, so you dont have to take time for finding them [IMG]images/smilies/wink.png[/IMG] ! For example, to check whether your CPU support SSE2 extensions or not, you can use IsSupport_SSE2 function.
- When calling __cpuid, all your CPU information will be returned in four register EAX,EBX,ECX and EDX which are then be stored in int[4] array. Every bit in these register represent a functions, the list is very looooooooooooong, you can check in MSDN for more information. As I said before, If you dont mind, just use my class to save time [IMG]images/smilies/biggrin.png[/IMG]!
- Here is my class (included sample project) (it's quite long, so I uploaded them for your convenient [IMG]images/smilies/wink.png[/IMG] )
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vtomnonemny/TestCPUID.zip